Schedule a Relaxing Stroll with Picasso and Watch Your Productivity Increase
If you’re living in or near Chicago and you haven’t already experienced the Picasso exhibit, why not identify a day and time to visit the Chicago Art Institute’s before the exhibit closes Sunday, May 12, 2013.
Similar to our recent discovery that giving away time often results in boosting our productivity, we also see Tony Schwartz share in a NYT article that, “the best way to get more done may be to spend more time doing less.” And what better way to do less than to stroll Picasso’s body of work.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Picasso
“A new and growing body of multidisciplinary research shows that strategic renewal — including daytime workouts, short afternoon naps, longer sleep hours, more time away from the office and longer, more frequent vacations — boosts productivity, job performance and, of course, health.” This is contrary to our instinct. “Taking more time off is counterintuitive for most of us. The idea is also at odds with the prevailing work ethic in most companies, where downtime is typically viewed as time wasted.” Therefore, it is hard to understand that taking this renewal time away from work, will actually enable us to get more done in the long run. “Our bodies regularly tell us to take a break, but we often override these signals and instead stoke ourselves up with caffeine, sugar and our own emergency reserves — the stress hormones adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol.”
Art Institute of Chicago Museum Information:
- Open daily 10:30 am – 5 pm and until 8 pm on Thursday evenings
- Chicago residents receive $5 off admission or IL residents receive $3 off admission, both with a valid ID
- Greater discounts are available with City Pass or the Go Chicago card
- Thurdays from 5 – 8 pm is FREE!
- You can also contact your local library to see if their copy of the free museum pass is available
- Or, consider a membership with free admission and use of the member’s lounge providing you with a new satellite office for you to do serious think work…complete with an outdoor fountain when it’s warm and complimentary tasty beverages
I wish you well on sticking to the schedule and going for an inspirational stroll of Picasso’s masterpieces. You have the power. Use it for good.
Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. ~Picasso